Thursday, March 19, 2009

Haven't had much to post until tonight...

Well, this month started out HORRIBLE. 5k downswing is possibly the worst way to start the month and it is something I haven't been used to. Ever since Oct I haven't had a losing month and I have usually hit a score pretty early on but this month was different. I know that as a poker player I will have losing months eventually but it is just something I haven't had to deal with yet since I started playing seriously. I finally hit a 3rd in the 20r 19.5k on FTP but I should have won... 3 handed with the CL KKtoQQ for 1.3mil in chips. I win that pot I am HU with 1.3mil vs 150k but w/e. I took 2700 with that and a little confidence... That started a 6 FT run over 5 days of play ending with this $75 40k shipping it for nearly 12k. I played so so sick in this tourney, 100% fearless and controlled all of the play from final 2 tables on.


Time to go over my 2009 goals and see what I have/have not accomplished so far.



New Years Resolutions and Goals:

  • Put in a lot of volume and work my ass off even through the tough times. (So far I have played about 800 mtts over 2 1/2 months... I would say I am achieving this goal at this point.)
  • Work on my mindset through tough times and stay more positive. (Not perfect yet but I am really working on it. I have purchased two books on poker mindset so I am working towards this goal.)
  • Continue working on and improving my game. (always)
  • Quit my day job by February. (I quit in January)
  • Move to Vegas by April at the latest... preferably sooner. (meh, things have changed at this point but who knows)
  • Have a set Sunday Major schedule by 2010. (not yet)
  • Hit my first 10k+ score. (11.6k in FTP 40k on March 18th)
  • Start playing live a decent amount in the places I am able to play. (not yet but plans to start soon.)
  • Separate personal life and poker life. (meh, not really... poker is taking up most of my life but im working on it.)
  • Get out with friends and family more and start enjoying life away from the computer atleast one weekend per month. (I have occasionally, bought a new bowling ball and I have been bowling a few times but don't get out nearly as much as I planned to so far)
  • 100 FTs (26/100, I need to avg 8 FTs per month to make this goal... I had 10 FTs in Jan, 8 FTs in Feb and 8 FTs for march so far so I am doing good on this goal so far)

No comments: