Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Is this really possible???

Okay... Wow, did I... me... Justin Shelton actually get a final table? No...? Wow, I did... After all of this time and this terrible downswing I have been on I finally managed to pull of a FT. I have a lot of mixed emotions about this though... I took 5th for $500 but I was a monster chip leader at final 5 and yet I still managed to take 5th by these two hands. But on the flip side of that... I did get lucky twice VERY big and for VERY important pots... This one was right before the money... without me winning this I don't even cash. I was actually sweating the bubble too... I was wondering if I was going to cash or not... well, I finally did and right about the bubble I was on the SB when this happened. That hand set me up with some chips where I was able to steal some blinds and start trying to build my stack. I can't into the FT 2nd in chips and right off the bat I had AK and a guy raised and I shoved... he showed KK... sigh... especially for how I have been running... but wait... miracle A on the river WOWWWWWWWWW. So at this point I have a great stack and I start stealing blinds etc etc... The play was overall pretty slow and boring... not a whole lot of action. So yes... it is pretty disappointing that I didn't win... but overall I am very please with this because I believe it has broken this cure that has been on me and now I can hit the tables with more confidence. weeeeeeeeee

So that means that me, Rexy and Ice had a FT all withing 24 hours of each other... :)


P.S. I was very pleased with myself after making this play.

No comments: