Okay well I am still having some problems trying to kickstart my test. I can't seem to cash in a FTP freeroll for anything.
I played a $0.10 tourney on stars today... finished 189th out of 3,400 plays to take a whopping $0.39. I know that doesn't sound like much but on stars considering they have such low limit tourneys you can play that is actually plenty. I can just keep playing the $0.10 tourneys and im sure I will keep cashing small atleast and build up that way but hopefully I will hit good in one soon that way I can move up to $1 tourneys and some $2 SNGs or something like that.
I was doing really good in a freeroll about two hours ago but took a bad beat which took a huge chunk of my stack.
I had a 20k stack when the avg was like 5k or something like that. Short stack shoves with about 2k and I call with my 10 10... it is called by one other person too. Well it is a 8 high flop so I shove having the other guy covered as well... He calls with 99 and that shows my 10 10 is ahead of his 99 and the short stacks 33. Well the turn comes a 3 which didn't really bother me because the other guy hand a good stack and I was going to get a lot anyways but then of course the river was a 9 which crippled me. After that I just couldn't seem to catch a hand. I ended up busting with A 10 on a 10 7 7 board... I bet out and get a call, turn is a jack I shove because I know if he shoves I have to call since im already so invested so I wanted to apply the pressure but he calls because he had 89 and the J completed his straight. Oh well though, thats poker and that happens. Won't be the last time it does either.
Another thing I have been doing is playing more play chip stuff... Sounds stupid yes but surprisingly it is actually kind of fun. I started playing SNGs for play money a little while back just to start winning again and built up to like 10k. Then just kept going until it was like 20k which is what I started with this morning but now I have about 80k. I played a 2,500 play chips tourney with about 200 players and took 6th. Then I decided to try out multitabling some play money cash games to see if I could keep up. I had 5 screens opened up at 25/50 NL with 5k at each table... I played 2 two hours sessions and ended up being up like 4 buyins. I think that playing the play money and freerolls will actually help my game in some ways. When you are playing in tourneys that you didn't pay anything to get into you are completely fearless and that is what you need to win cash tourneys as well. So I hope to see myself winning more by the time I am back into my cash tourneys.
Well, I guess I am going to try and lay down. Damn I need to get my sleeping schedule turned around. It isn't good when you are going to sleep at 1:30 P.M. and getting up at like 8:00 P.M. staying up all night and doing it again. Plus so far I don't really have anything to show for my time spend on here but I think that will soon change. I have a good feeling that I will finally hit in one of these freerolls then my journey will begin.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment