Friday, January 2, 2009

Okay... recap of 2008/ Dec / new years resolutions / moving?

So like... this post is about 243,456,743 things...

  • Recap of the year 2008.
  • Decembers results
  • New Years Resolutions
  • Recent Score
  • Adams Score
  • Moving to vegas?

Okay, so...

2008 start off rough on the tables for me... I was a losing player who did nothing but load money, play outside of the br limits and if I happened to win anything I would just donk it back off in cash games. I was on a path wanting to succeed but I didn't have the right ingredients to do so.
The beginning of the year I was basically only playing on FTP, mainly because I was just more comfortable there. Things all started to change when I started talking to Brad Riggs(RiggsB on PS and ExtremeTilt14 on FTP) again. We started talking about a backing deal for PokerStars. I was extremely stoked about it because I would finally have a consistant roll to play on. We started off running a one day schedule but it wasn't really working out so in October he decided he wanted to give me a roll to work with and play it out for the whole month. Basically right off the bat I hit a score for about $1,500 and I just sky rocketed from there. I ended the month with about $9,400 profit and since then I haven't had a losing month.
Off the tables and into life for 2008... it wasn't a very easy path. 2008 was full of depressed times, lost connections, relationship problems, moves and troubles with family members. All in all I pulled through it and I am now on the other side and ready to start a new year.

December was sooooo rough on me... BR was up and down... ran worse than ever but I still ended the month showing profit... basically because of one good night though tbh. I ended the month with just three final tables... one which was an $1,800 score and the other was a $3,000 score. After that is seemed like I couldn't win anything at all.

All of that changed on Jan 1st... I finally got the score I have been busting my ass for... I took 3rd in the $27.50 40k for nearly $4,800... over 2k entrants and I survived to take 3rd. I feel like I played really well just lost a race with AK < 22 for 2.5mil pot... puke, and then I lost a race holding KJcc vs AXo, whiff...



New Years Resolutions and Goals:

  • Put in a lot of volume and work my ass off even through the tough times.
  • Work on my mindset through tough times and stay more positive.
  • Continue working on and improving my game.
  • Quit my day job by February.
  • Move to Vegas by April at the latest... preferably sooner.
  • Have a set Sunday Major schedule by 2010.
  • Hit my first 10k+ score.
  • Start playing live a decent amount in the places I am able to play.
  • Separate personal life and poker life.
  • Get out with friends and family more and start enjoying life away from the computer atleast one weekend per month.

Okay so, my friend Adam has been on some kind of an abnormal for a human being run lately. In the last 6 days... he has hit for 5 FTs... sick part is... day two of those 6 days... he took the day off... so in the last 5 days of play... he has had a FT in each of those days. They have all been pretty nice scores too. He won the $75 23k KO for $7200ish... he took 2nd in the $109 30k 6max for over 5k.

Now... onto me moving to Vegas.
I have been friends with Adam for over a year now... He kind of brought me up in the game I guess you could say... I adapted my aggression from his style. He always tried to get me to open up my game a little more and be aggressive but I was too much of a puss and never did. Well, I finally did and now I am winning, so... Thanks. Moving on.... He used to live in Vegas but recently decided to move back home because it wasn't really working out. Well, we have talked about it a decent amount... and now we are currently making the plans to get there. We already have it figured up exactly how much personal funds we need and what we want our BRs to be at before we take the leap. He tends to look at it a little more reasonably... I am just trying to get there by tomorrow basically. Oh well, this will take some time but I am sure that we will get there shortly.


Oh and hi... I finally got my first hit since starting to play on FTP again... 2nd in the $26 8.5k for $1,500ish... pretty lame 2nd but whatever... feels like I got a lot of weight off my shoulders by finally getting the score considering all of the final 2-4 tables scores I have been getting lately without being able to close it.



"I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that do not work."

2 comments:

Keith said...

Hey, don't know if you remember, but we talked some on IM in late 2007. We were both micro donks back then. Glad to see you're doing well now. You got me started on this blog thing and now I got it going again. Check it out. limowreckpoker.blogspot.com Good luck in '09 man.

adamsapple19 said...

Good post man. Goals are of paramount importance imo. If you stick with it you surely won't fail. Its great how you keep things in perspective too. GL.