Okay okay I don't quit poker... When I lose... suffer a bad beat I tend to vent and when I do that I take it to the extremes.
Yes, bad beats happen... but if I got as happy every time a hand held up compared to as pissed, angry and upset I got every time it didn't... The happiness would out weigh the sadness... You never remember your AA holding against AK but you will never forget about when Q9 snaps off your AA... As a poker player you have to be prepared to take the good with the bad from the very start of your career/hobby. Poker is actually a huge part of me, as weird or crazy as that may sound... it really is. No, I am not addicted to gambling... I do not have a gambling problem... but I am the type of person that shoots for what he wants... When I want something I go for it with my all and I don't look back. I have played baseball my whole life... I had two colleges looking at me while I was playing in high school yet I moved to the beach and haven't touched a baseball since then. I started skateboarding in 7th grade and continued to skate for 4 years and gained two sponsors. I played basketball and became the mvp of the league... Everything that I have ever wanted... I have made it happen because I work at it... and I do not give up until I succeed. I will never accept failure. I guess that is why the game of poker is so hard for me to adapt to... You can't always control whether or not you succeed in a tournament that you are in. All you can do it play your best and get your money in good... from there on out it is up to the cards to determine how well you really do. That is the one thing that I am not used to though... I am not used to letting my success depend a flop turn and river that no one knows what will come. I am used to having complete control over everything I want to be successful at... Working out, training, practicing etc... You can train all day everyday and play your best in a poker tournament and not even cash... That just happens sometimes. The thing is, how do you react to that... how do you react to the KK snapping off your AA? Do you scream, kick, bitch and blow your other tournament with KJo or do you gather yourself knowing you got your money in good and proceed with your schedule that day and perhaps win a different mtt?
Imo, there is no such thing as "running bad". I believe running bad (most cases not all) starts off with you suffering from a bad beat. I believe that your game changes once you are on tilt and frustrated that you being to play hand differently than you would if your AA held to KK... That is why when you are "running good" you feel invincible. Because everything has worked out for you so far so you are still making 100% clear decisions.
I really believe that things will turn around for me. I mean, poker has luck involved in it... but there is also tons of skill... if there wasn't tons of skill then any idiot could win any tournament and you would rarely see people having to many top 3 finishes. Tonight, Comandr_Cool took a nice 1st and 2nd... That isn't because he went on a luck spell and the tables turned where the poker Gods worshiped him... he is a great player and great players make FTs happen and create there success.
I plan to continue with my studying of the game... I have been doing that a lot lately... I have been watching FTs... studying players, taking notes and predicting their next move. It is something that I believe will help my game a lot and if I end up sitting with someone I have studied so hard... I will know their game like I know my own. I believe that soon... my name will be amongst the big named poker players... and I will create my own success.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Excellent Mentality!!!
Stay positive...and keep studying the game.. with all those achievements in sports.. there is no reason poker cant be added to your list of successes....
I believe...
Rexy =)
Post a Comment