Monday, March 17, 2008

In and out of poker...

Alrighty... lately I have been so up and down with whether I even want to play poker or not... I am pretty burnt out but I still keep playing... I have had a goal for myself to qualify for Iron man for quite a while now but I have yet to reach my goal. I would say that is the reason I am burnt out though is because I am playing so much more than I am used to. At the start of the month I told myself that I wanted to qualify for the 2k freeroll and the silver iron man freeroll... So far I am on a great path to achieve both goals. I have atleast 1 point everyday so that qualifies me for the 2k freeroll but I have to continue to get atleast 1 point every day of the month. Obviously that isn't a hard task so I am quite sure that I will make that goal. I am doing great to qualify for the Iron man silver as well... I have 12 days left of getting 50 points and I qualify. If something comes up and I miss out on that I am sure that I will qualify for bronze ATLEAST because I only have 7 more days of 50 points for that.

Anyhow... this month hasn't treated me too bad... haven't had to reload or anything like that and my BR has been pretty consistant... Ive had 2 wins and a 2nd this month so far.... also took 5th in a 90 man SNG but whatever.... The two wins were a $2 rebuy for $280 and a limit $2 tourney that I was just curious about... it only had 36 players and I only got $30 from it but its still a win... The 2nd that I took was in a $3 turbo tourney and I got about $130 out of that... I was actually pretty happy with that finish... I was a short stack 4 handed and still pulled off a 2nd... I ran 22 into AK HU and obv a K flopped and goodbye me.

I just played 0.50/1.00 HU.... bought in for standard $100.... At first it was back and forth a little and I was playing pretty well I believe. Then it happened... I had 66 on BB.... he raises to $3 and I call... J 6 10 flop... YATZEE.... I obv check to him and he come out with a $5 bet... I bump it to $13 and he insta shoves.... so I obv insta call... he shows he QJ... 9 turn just to give me a little scared and a river blank... SHIP IT... I profited about $95 off that little 5-10 minute session... He decided to leave immediately after that hand... :(

No comments: