Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wow... a 2nd place...

The $5 tourney I was playing right after the 45 man SNG that I had won... I finished 2nd for a little over $130. Feels quite nice... Obviously I would have rather taken 1st but I am very happy with a back to back 1st and 2nd.

I came into the FT 9/9 in chips. The FT bubble was rough on me but I battled through it. Everyone was doing EXACTLY what they should be doing which is being aggro on the bubble. They would raise it up before I had the chance and I didn't have the stack to defend. I finally got a couple breaks and doubled up a few times...

I played extremely well at the final table coming back from 9/9 to HU play... I had a 40k stack vs a 150k stack so I was looking for a double... All the money went in pre flop when I had A3 vs A6 and the flop was 3 2 6 followed but a brick turn and river. Oh well, there was no way that I could just sit back and let him bully me. I needed to double and I needed to double while I had some chips so I went for it. Cashing for $130 is nice and not that much of a different from the payout 1st got whihc was $209...

No comments: