Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Starting Novemeber...

Well, I was wanting to have a $100 BR before starting the month of Novemeber. I am not quite there but I have built up to $90.

Ive had good and bad cash game sessions today. I wasn't profiting much though.

I decided to play a $2.25 9 man SNG turbo and a $2.25 18 man SNG at midnight. I placed 2nd in the 9 man turbo but I was very happy with it considering at the final 4 I lost down to 160 chips with 150/300 blinds and I was on the SB which left me 10 chips so obv I had to call the BB. Well I won that pot... then doubled the next hand... and the next until I was back in it and then even had the chip lead. During HU the blinds were 500/1000 so it was basically all in and see who gets lucky first and he did having 88 over my 77.

In the 18 man I owned it the whole time. Starting out the game having KK flopping trips and doubling gave me the chip lead with the full 18 players still left. I maintained the chip lead until the final 6 and I was 2nd. It was a long FT but when it was down to the final 3 I was second in chips and it was just a quick match... one guy takes out someone to make it HU... He had a small chip lead on me. The first hand HU he shoves and I just fold. The next hand I had Q 10 and check. Flop comes x 9 10 high I bet out and he calls. then a J turns.. I bet out and he calls. The river was a K completing my straight, I bet out and he shoves. I obviously call and he turns over AA. That is why you do NOT slowplay AA everyone. :) So at that point he has like 3k in chips left vs my 20K+ stack so I just shove the next hand with Q 8 and he calls with 9 5o and my Q high holds up.

Well, im not sure if I am going to play anymore tonight or not. I might just call it a night and hit it hard tomorrow night.

If I play more tonight and do anything worth talking about I will update.


**UPDATE** I have officially completed my first goal. I have a $100 BR to start of Nov. I played in a cash game and gained up to $103. :)

No comments: