Well good news.... My unlucky streak has finally ended... right after I announced "starting" over I hit yet again. I entered the 24k 24+2 tourney last night and was doing pretty good. But of course... right after the first break I am dealt QQ. I raise preflop and get one smooth caller... I believe the flop came J x x... I bet out and he pushes all in on me... I sit and think about what he could possibly have... I thought maybe AJ or even AK thinking I had the AK as well and maybe he was trying to bet me off of it... I end up talking myself into calling even though my gut told me that I was beat and of course he turned over KK... turn and river were all dead cards and I made an early exit. At that time I thought my my luck would never change. BUT.....
I entered the 28k 24+2... Was doing quite well and ended up exiting out in 68th place but I cashed $56.00. As the night went on a little while I was deciding on whether or not I wanted to join the 18k 69+6 tourney... I finally decided to play in it when four pros entered (Adam, Lynette, Keith and someone else... can't remember) and there were only a little over 300 entrants... so of course I talked myself into playing. I started out really well in the beginning and then lost a few chips after the first break... I went all the way down to about 1,600 in chips... got myself together and brought that up to 10k in 6 hands. After I did that I knew I could be a contender.
As the bubble came around there were tons of stallers and I was just trying to pick up all the pots that I possibly could. I got stuck one time but got myself out of it with a great bluff. After the bubble players started dropping of course... As the final table neared I wanted to get as many chips as I possibly could so I could have a chance to win it. When there were 11 players left something crazy happened. THREE all ins... I believe it was 77 vs QQ vs AK... Pretty sure the QQ held us and it knocked out two player to take us straight to the FT. I started out with 102k in chips... gathered a few here and there... the only big mistake I made was when I was raised to 18k I think and I pushed with AA and of course didn't get a call... I was just so sick of bad beats I was happy with taking his bet along with the blinds. As time went on I took a few blinds but couldn't catch any hands... 3 players took pretty quick exits and I was down to 80k. It put me in a spot where I couldn't really get any blinds without risking most or all of my stack so I sat back waiting for a hand... it never came. I made one attempt at stealing the blinds and was reraised and was forced to lay it down. Finally when I was all the way down to 30k in chips I got KJ and doubled up through A rag I believe. The very next hand I got was yet again KJ so I knew I needed atleast one more double up to get back in it so I pushed again... Bad timing... ran into AK and my J didn't hit. So I exited in 6th place making $1,072. I am not too happy with it because I am still looking for my big win but I will take it... it gets me out of my unlucky slump ive been in right? Well... hopefully, we will see.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats man, FTs are pretty exciting. Keep making good reads and you'll make plenty more :)
Post a Comment